Frequently-asked questions about Retail Week's subscription services.
I am having problems logging in. What can I do?
- Check that Caps Lock, Number Lock, Shift Lock are not active. Passwords are case sensitive and contain numbers and symbols that would be affected by this.
- Check the password you have entered before you click to sign in, by using the 'eye' button to the right of the password entry field to briefly reveal it.
- If your browser has filled out the password for you using autocomplete, please use the 'eye' button to check it is remembering an up-to-date version. Sometimes it might have mistakenly retained a typo or expired password from an earlier failed attempt. If that's the case, please check with your browser's documentation and settings to find out how to clear out the incorrect suggestion. This might be described as Saved Logins, Saved Passwords, Manage Passwords, Autocomplete, Autofill, Web Credentials, or other similar phrases, and can normally be found under Settings or Advanced Settings.
- You can reset your password on the ‘Forgotten password?’ page. Please make sure you have access to your registered email address when you make the request as you will be sent a limited-time email that will log you back in so you can choose a new password. The link is valid for 24 hours only.
- If you do not receive the password reset email, please check your spam or junk folders and any email spam traps that your company might have in place, for example your Mimecast personal portal. If the email is not there, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember that only the named account holder has the right to access the site and therefore the password reset can only be sent to their given email address. It is a breach of our terms and conditions to share your password with other people.
- If you think someone else might have changed your password or you no longer have access to your registered email address please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
- If you have recently purchased a new subscription or renewed a lapsed subscription, you will need to wait a few minutes while your account is updated. Please wait for a short while before logging out and back in again to activate your new subscription.
How do I register and what do I get in return?
To register, go to https://www.retail-week.com/register and complete the form.
Anonymous guests on the site can only see a limited number of open-access items. Registered users can see a greater number of articles (currently 3 articles per calendar month, excluding the Indicator benchmarking content). Registered users can also sign up to receive selected email newsletters for free, including our daily news headline bulletin, the Morning Briefing.
I am being asked to sign in but I don't have a password. What should I do?
If you already have a subscription to Retail-week.com then you will need to activate your online access. To do this, simply reset your password using ‘Forgotten password?’. Please make sure that you use the same email address as when you took out your subscription.
If you don't have a subscription, please register for your limited free access (currently 3 articles per month).
How do I access all areas of the website?
For full, unlimited access to Retail-Week.com you need to be a subscriber to one of our packages.
If you do not have a subscription, you can access all articles within a few minutes by finding out how to subscribe online here.
Why do I have to register on the website if I am a paid subscriber?
Even if you are a subscriber, you need to register on our website to set up your login details.
What is the difference between a registered user and a subscriber?
A registered user has signed up and can access a limited number of articles on the website (currently 3 articles per calendar month). Registered users can also choose to receive selected e-newsletters for free.
A subscriber has an annual subscription to one of our packages which provides full access to the website and which, depending on their chosen package, may also include copies of the weekly magazine. Subscribers can choose to receive any or all of our e-newsletters. Retail Week Indicator is only available to subscribers.
When do I need to log in?
We suggest, if you are not already logged in, that each time you use the website you log in immediately on your arrival, using the sign in link towards the top right. This will then make it easier for you to access all articles quickly and easily as you navigate through the site.
Alternatively, when you click on a subscriber-only content link, you will be asked to log in.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
When signing in, you will find a ‘Forgotten password?’ link on the sign in page. Click on this and then fill in the email address you used when registering on the site. We will then email a link that will let you reset your password. You must use this link and reset your password within 24 hours of requesting a reset. If you do not do this, you will have to request another reset.
I have paid for my subscription and registered, but am unable to access content. Why?
In order to access subscriber content on Retail-week.com you must have activated the online part of your subscription.
To do this, simply reset your password using ‘Forgotten password?’. Please make sure that you use the same email address as when you took out your subscription.
If you have recently purchased a new subscription or renewed a lapsed subscription, you will need to wait a few minutes while your account is updated. Please wait for a short while before logging out and back in again to activate your new subscription.
If you are still unable to access subscriber-only content, we suggest you:
- Refresh your account by logging out and in again. This should ensure that your subscription details are up to date
- Check if your subscription has lapsed. Go to 'My account' to check your subscription status.
- Check that the email address you registered on the website the same as the one you used for your paid-for subscription.
- Did you recently send in payment for a new subscription order/renewal? It may be that there has been a delay in receiving or processing your payment and subscription.
If you are still having problems, please contact Customer Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or T: +44 (0)20 3873 2847 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
My company has multiple subscriptions, how can I get access for everyone?
Please contact us on T: +44 (0)20 3873 2847 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
When I go back to use the website again, I have been logged out. Why?
Your session lasts for 30 days. You will need to sign in again every 30 days.
If it has been less than 30 days since you last signed in, then you may have deleted your cookies. Deleting cookies will automatically sign you out.
If you are unsure whether or not you have deleted your cookies, please check your browser settings, and any firewall or spyware software you may have installed. Some of these programmes may be set to clear cookies automatically at set intervals.
Why do I need cookies enabled?
If you need help changing your cookie settings, please consult the help files relating to your web browser, as the frequency of updates and range of available browsers means that we cannot provide instructions here.
I signed up to receive your free newsletters, but I am not receiving them. Why?
Please check you have provided us with your correct email address. To check which e-mail address you have registered with us, sign in and go to My Account. While there you can also check which newsletters you have asked to receive and can update your preferences.
If your details here are correct, we suggest you check your mailbox settings to see if the newsletters are being pushed into ‘junk’ mail or if your mailbox is full. To avoid the newsletters being treated as spam, it may help to add the e-mail addresses email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book and/or to your safe senders list.
Some of our newsletters - Breaking news alerts, This week in retail, and If you read one thing... - are only available to subscribers at present. So, if you are a registered user or your subscription has lapsed, you will only be able to receive our sector briefings, morning daily news briefing and our Editor's choice e-newsletters.
If you are still experiencing problems, we suggest you then contact your own email service provider.
How do I add you to my safe-senders list?
If you need help adding us to your safe senders list, ensuring our emails are delivered to your inbox every time, just select your email client from the list of popular clients below and follow the instructions to add the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list.
- In the Tools menu, click ‘Options’
- On the Preferences tab, click ‘Junk E-mail’
- On the Safe Senders tab, click ‘Add’
- In the ‘Add address’, put in our email address
- Click ‘OK’
- In the top-right hand corner, click ‘Options’, then ‘More Options…’
- Under ‘Preventing Junk Mail’, click ‘Safe and Blocked Senders’
- Click ‘Safe Senders’
- Insert our From address and click ‘Add to list’
- In the top-right hand corner, click ‘Options’, then ‘More Options…’
- In the left-hand menu, select ‘Filters’
- Click ‘Add Filter’
- Give the filter a name, then in the ‘Sender’ box, insert our From address
- From the ‘Move to folder’ dropdown menu, select ‘Inbox’
- Click ‘Save changes’
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click ‘Add to My Contacts’
- Copy and paste our from address into the primary email address dialog box
- Hit ‘Enter’
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
- Wait for the ‘Address Book’ window to pop up, then click the ‘Add’ button
- Wait for the ‘Address Card for New Contact’ window to load
- Paste our From address into the “Other E-Mail” field
- Make our From address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the associated check box
- Click the Save button.
How do I ‘unsubscribe’ from your newsletters?
Either follow the 'Unsubscribe' link provided at the bottom of each newsletter or sign in to the website, click on ‘My Account’ and change your selection on the Newsletters tab. Your choices should be reflected within a few days.
If you continue to receive unwanted emails after this time, please contact Customer Services via email@example.com or T: +44 (0)20 3873 2847 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
My profile image is missing. Why?
Due to our upgrade in December 2017, we cleared all avatar images therefore you will need to re-upload your avatar image. You can do this by going to the edit my public profile section of My Account
Why take out a subscription to Retail Week?
Retail Week is the UK’s leading provider of retail industry news, top retail jobs, key retail market reports and data, from across the entire retail sector.
Delivering content via different platforms, we ensure you have the detail you need, when you need it.
What does a subscription to Retail Week include?
Why is it easier to pay by Direct Debit?
Direct debit is a continuous payment method available in the UK and eliminates the need for you to remember to renew your subscription each year. You will be in complete control of your subscription and you have the option to pay annually or quarterly to help spread the cost of your subscription over the year.
How secure are my credit card and bank details if I place my order online?
All the information you provide is encrypted by your browser and transmitted over TLS (Transport Layer Security) to our payment provider.
Can I pay by invoice?
Yes, we can arrange for you to be sent an invoice. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I pay in a currency other than £ Sterling?
If paying by credit card, your payment will be processed in UK £ Sterling at a recent rate of exchange – which may therefore be different to the £ Sterling published price. Please contact customer services for further information about non-sterling payment.
Can I order more than one subscription, so that my whole team can benefit?
Yes. We offer preferential rates for 5+ subscriptions and our corporate membership includes exclusive benefits not available to individual subscribers. Please find out more about corporate subscriptions here.
How do you acknowledge receipt of my order?
If you place your order online, an email acknowledgement will be sent to you almost immediately after you submit your order. Should you not receive your acknowledgement within 24 hours, please contact customer services .
If you place your order over the phone, via email or post, a written acknowledgement will be sent to you within a few days of receipt of your order. This will include when your subscription will start and end, and the address or addresses to which the issues will be sent. Should you not receive your acknowledgement within 10 days, please contact customer services .
Can you deliver to an address outside the UK?
If your subscription package includes the magazine then yes. But as the magazine is dispatched from the UK, the subscription price is higher to cover the additional delivery costs.
When will my first printed magazine arrive?
If your subscription includes the magazine your order acknowledgement will confirm details of the first issue you will be sent. This is normally within 14 days of placing your order.
What do you do with my personal information?
How do I renew my subscription?
We will contact you before the expiry date of your subscription to ensure that your renewal is taken out in good time, so that you don’t miss out on any news or information from us.
When does my current subscription expire?
You can check your subscription details online by logging in here: https://www.retail-week.com/sign-in and visiting My Account . You will need to login with your email address and registered password to access your account – this is used to identify both you and your subscription.
How do I change my address?
You can change your address by logging in and visiting My Account, using the email link there to send us your new details. Alternatively, please contact us via phone, email or post.
What if an issue doesn’t arrive?
Simply contact the subscription customer services team and they will check we have your correct address details and arrange for a replacement copy to be sent to you.
What if my magazine arrives damaged?
If your subscription package includes the magazine, simply contact our subscription customer services team and they will arrange for a replacement copy to be sent to you.
What is my subscriber number?
Your subscriber number is a 10-digit number that was formerly used to identify both you and your subscription. If you subscribed for the first time after 11 December 2017, you will not have a subscriber number.
If you have a subscriber number, but do not have access to Retail-Week.com please call +44 (0)20 3873 2847 or email email@example.com.
Can I cancel my subscription?
Please note that our subscription term is 12 months. You will need to contact us within the first 30 days of the purchase of your subscription if you are dissatisfied in any way and we will then refund you for all unmailed issues.
How do I order a back issue?
For prices and availability, please contact us .
How do I contact print subscription customer services?
Post: Ascential Information Services Limited, The Prow, 1 Wilder Walk, London, W1B 5AP
I’ve been asked to re-authorise my credit card details, is this a legitimate request?
To help keep your details safe we have recently introduced a new, more secure payment system. As a result of this improvement all customers that pay via credit card will need to update their payment details. If you do not take action your access to Retail Week could be temporarily suspended.
You will have received an email with full details on how to take action. The email will provide you with a unique link that will recognise you as the account holder. If you would rather update your details over the phone you can do so by calling us on +44(0)1202 786814.
Once you have done this your details will be stored securely and your future payments will be taken as normal.