Kingfisher offloads Russian Castorama chain for £73m

Castorama Antibes 2

Kingfisher has sold its Castorama division in Russia to domestic chain Maxidom in a £73m deal.

B&Q and Screwfix parent company Kingfisher’s sale of its Russian Castorama division was completed yesterday, with 80% of the sale price paid at the point of transaction and the remaining 20% paid in instalments over the next two years.

Subscription content

Please sign in now if you have a subscription or are already registered with us.

Retail Week

Register for free to continue reading

Retail-Week.com provides premium, in-depth intelligence that helps retailers judge risks, spot opportunities and identify what they need to do to win in the digital economy.

Register today for a taste of our high-quality intelligence and enjoy:

  • Two free article views per calendar month on Retail-Week.com
  • Detailed analysis of current trends and events 
  • Exclusive newsletters
  • In-depth reports, videos, interviews and much more

Discover Retail Week register now

Please note, if you have recently purchased a subscription, it may take a few minutes before your account is updated.