As fashion veteran Kate Bostock takes the helm at occasionwear specialist Coast, Retail Week takes a look at the business.
- Chairman: Derek Lovelock
- Chief executive: Kate Bostock (starts next month)
- Stores: 370 in 26 countries including the UK. International sales now account for more than 35% of the brand’s total turnover
- Concessions: 185 globally
- Group sales: £91.3m *
- UK Sales: £75.8m
- Pre-tax profit: £1.5m
- Who does it target? Coast is an occasionwear specialist which targets 25 to 45 year olds. It sells contemporary fashion for formal events such as weddings. However, Lovelock says the retailer has the potential to broaden its appeal to less formal occasions such as “going for a meal or drinks”
- Who does it compete against? In terms of occasions such as weddings, Coast faces competition against department stores such as Debenhams, while other premium fashion retailers such as Reiss, Jigsaw, Hobbs, Whistles and Monsoon compete on less formal attire
* All financial figures relate to the year to February 2012.