Tiffany breaks news across the general merchandise, health and beauty and fashion retail sectors.
Her reporting beat also includes Government policy, with a special interest in the impact of business rates on the retail sector.
Tiffany has worked at Retail Week for more than two years after working for another Emap title Materials Recycling Week (MRW).
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2842
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Poundstretcher is gunning to be the “branded Aldi”, claiming it cannot be beaten on the price of branded goods as it extends its FMCG offer
The new high streets minster has dismissed calls for a “Tesco tax” but said an extension to Sunday trading rules must be explored.
High streets may be seeing a resurgence as they adapt to modern consumers’ shopping needs.
- Rebuilding customer trust is vital, says incoming Morrisons chairman
- Carpetright records quarterly sales growth up 5.2%
- Next raises full-year profit guidance for second time this year
- Morrisons appoints retail heavyweight Andrew Higginson as its new chairman
- Founders of Tesco-owned restaurant chain Giraffe resign a year after acquisition
- Net-a-Porter boss Mark Sebba to retire after 11 years at the etailer
- New measures to crack down on pre-pack administration deals
The retail inquiry heated up this week as six big names including Alliance Boots and Sainsbury’s eloquently laid out the struggles in the retail sector as business rates yet again topped the bill.
Sofa.com’s letter to the Treasury earlier this week warned an online retail tax would “hit at the heart of the UK’s world-leading online retail industry”.
For some Mark Wright, ex-The Only Way is Essex star, might seem like a strange fit for Littlewoods as he fronts the retailer’s new menswear collection. But I think he will give the brand the edginess it needs to engage with a more fashion-conscious man.
- Blog: Theo Paphitis proves the high street is not dead
- Blog: The problem of business rates is here to stay
- Blog: Verdict on Mary Queen of the High Street, episode one
- Blog: The growth of 4G will make clothes shopping a blur
- Blog: Retailers may need more customer-collaboration business models
- Blog: Ted Baker comes top of the social networking class
- Blog: The Budget needs to fill in gaps on the high street