All TV shopping articles – Page 3

  • The retailer’s profits have soared

    Oak Furniture Land to increase store numbers


    Oak Furniture Land is to more than double store numbers over the next 18 months after strong growth in the past year.

  • Consumers appreciate easy access to information when using an iPad

    Choosing the right multichannel strategy

    May 11 2012

    Consumers can interact with retailers in an increasing number of ways. But how do they actually do so, and what channels are proving the most popular?

  • Featured products are interspersed with discussion from a panel of experts

    JML shopping programme to debut on ITV1


    JML to air first shopping programme on a mainstream channel that enables viewers to buy products.

  • News

    QVC to enter Chinese market


    US-based QVC plans to enter the Chinese market by acquiring a 49% stake in a joint venture with China National Radio’s home shopping TV channel, CNR Mall TV. The Chinese station reaches about 35 million households in the country and will hold the remaining 51% in the joint venture, ...

  • M&S is trialling an app on an internet-enabled TV to push marketing content

    Marks & Spencer Smart TV app

    February 10 2012

    If retailers wanted to reach an audience of 20 million a few years ago, it would have been enough to run an advert during Coronation Street.

  • Argos TV

    TV shopping: What do retailers need to know?


    Bonmarché is joining retailers such as Argos by moving into the TV shopping market as another way to reach consumers

  • Clintons_Westfield_Stratford

    Clintons airs TV ad for first time in seven years


    Greetings card retailer Clinton Cards has aired its first TV ad in seven years, to promote the launch of its exclusive interactive cards.

  • Argos has launched its TV shopping offer on Freesat

    Argos launches TV shopping on Freesat


    Multichannel retailer Argos’s TV shopping operation has extended its reach through a tie-up with satellite TV firm Freesat.

  • The channel will feature experts

    Brand Alley turns on TV web channel


    Designer discount etailer Brand Alley has launched an online TV channel.

  • Ideal_60410.jpg

    Ideal Shopping to be sold in £78m deal


    Home shopping group Ideal Shopping Direct is set to be sold to private equity firm Inflexion and its management in a £78.3m deal.

  • News

    Lidl offers TV travel deals


    Schwarz Group’s discount grocer Lidl is offering its holiday travel deals through a specialist TV channel. Lidl in Germany has teamed up with travel shopping TV to promote its monthly holiday trip special offers on air. The 30-minute programme is broadcast daily at 4pm. According to reports Lidl ...

  • News

    QVC to open New York pop-up store


    TV shopping channel QVC is to open its first ever pop-up store in New York during fashion event Fashion’s Night Out. The store will open at 6pm on September 10 in the Rockefeller Center and will also broadcast live on TV on September 11 and 15.

  • Remote control

    TV shopping

    June 25, 2010

    Although a relatively small sector of the home shopping market, compared with online, TV shopping is set to grow and will be worth almost £2bn by 2013

  • JML screens in Boots

    Home shopping retailer and supplier JML dodges recession


    Home shopping retailer and supplier JML has said its niche products have cushioned it from the recession, with its home shopping arm driving the majority of its business.

  • Ideal Shopping Direct

    Sales rise at Ideal Shopping Direct


    Home shopping retailer Ideal Shopping Direct has reported a 2 per cent rise in sales for the 21 weeks to May 24.

  • Mike Hancox

    Ideal Shopping Direct makes full-year loss


    The directors of home shopping group Ideal Shopping Direct have pledged to restore the retailer to profitability after a turbulent year. Ideal posted a loss of £4m before exceptional charges of £9.2m in the year to December 28, 2008, when sales fell 2 per cent to £94.7m. The previous ...

  • Indira Thambiah , In

    Multichannel needn’t mean every channel


    Ordering by phone is a habit. Amazon killed it for books and CDs. Should clothing and general merchandise be any different?

  • News

    N Brown joins Richard Desmond to launch shopping channel


    Home shopping giant N Brown has teamed up with controversial newspaper tycoon Richard Desmond, owner of the Daily Express and OK! magazine, to launch ‘the UK’s first branded television shopping channel’. The retailer is understood to have formed a joint venture with Desmond-owned media company Northern and Shell to ...