John Lewis chairman Charlie Mayfield was presented the Outstanding Leadership Award at the World Retail Awards last night.
Last night, over 600 senior figures from the global retail industry gathered at the Royal Courts Justice in London for the 2012 World Retail Awards.
Alongside Mayfield’s award John Lewis scooped up a second award for its Retail Advertising Campaign of the Year. The Retailer of the Year award was presented to Costco while the International Retailer of the Year was awarded to Ikea.
World Retail Congress chairman Ian McGarrigle said: “This year’s World Retail Awards recognise some truly talented and highly innovative retailers. The quality of the entries was very high making the selection process extremely challenging.
“It was fantastic to see so many new ideas from around the world and we have never had such a diverse range of talent.”
See below for a full list of winners:
1) Outstanding Leadership Award – Charlie Mayfield, John Lewis
2) Retailer of the Year – Costco
3) International Retailer of the Year – Ikea
4) Responsible Retailer of the Year - Joint winners: Marks & Spencer and Woolworths South Africa
5) Store Design of the Year – Fangsuo Commune, Guangzhou, China
6) Pure Play Etailer of the Year – Asos
7) Multichannel Retailer of the Year – Macy’s
8) Emerging Market Retailer of the Year – Teknosa
9) Retail Advertising Campaign of the Year – John Lewis
10) Retail Innovation of the Year – Concept Innovation and C&A Brazil (C&A Fashion Like)
11) Business Innovation - Tesco Homeplus, South Korea