Kurt Geiger overhauls Kg buying strategy

Kurt Geiger's contemporary brand, Kg, has introduced a new buying strategy in order to respond to trends quicker.

Kg has started buying on a monthly basis as it emulates the fast-fashion strategies of the clothing sector.

Previously, 70 per cent of stock was bought at the beginning of each season and ranges were fed into stores as the season progressed, while the remaining 30 per cent was flexible.

Kg head buyer Sarah Lunney said buying ranges each month, on a three-month lead time, would help competitiveness. 'We got lost in the past.

We're now being more in line with Office and Faith,' she said.

Lunney has also boosted the bag offer for next season, increasing the number of styles to 35 from about five previously.

Kurt Geiger is on the expansion trail following the success of recent high street openings, with Brighton the latest location scheduled to open in August. It has just signed another property in Nottingham and plans a further two shops by the end of the year, boosting numbers to 11.

Separately, Kurt Geiger revealed its new autumn/winter collections last week across all three brands - Kg, Kurt Geiger and Carvela. The Kurt Geiger women's offer celebrates 'British aristocracy with a 21st century twist'.

The collection featured round-toed shoes with crushed velvet and laced high heels with applique flowers.