Julian Graves has disappeared from the high street after all its stores were closed by administrators that were unable to find a buyer for the dried fruit and nut specialist.
Subscribe to Retail Week
Want to read more on food retailers?
Administrator Deloitte began closing stores that had run out of stock at the beginning of the month as it struggled to find a buyer for the retailer as a going concern.
But it has emerged the 189 stores were closed by August 6. Its 755 employees are now out of work.
A Deloitte spokesman said: “I can confirm the last few remaining stores have closed.
“Unfortunately, no viable offer was received for the Julian Graves business and consequently the stores were gradually closed down as they ran out of stock.”
Julian Graves was owned by NBTY Europe, which owns Holland & Barrett, until it collapsed into administration last month. It is understood to have been loss-making since it was acquired in 2008, losing around £2m for the last few years.
Deloitte said the retailer had hit the buffers because it was “adversely affected by the tough economic climate, in particular, the on-going pressure on consumer spending, a competitive high street trading environment, and rising commodity prices”.