Argos has published a list of the top 10 toys most likely to be popular with children this Christmas.
The company has predicted role-play toys with a technological twist would be the favourites among the nation’s youngsters
Examples of such toys include the Go Go Hamster. The toy is able to talk and move around its hamster “funhouse” on its own accord.
Argos is also tipping Lu Lu My Cuddlin’ Kitten to do well is the build up to Christmas. The interactive pet is able purr, roll around on the floor and respond to its owner.
The retailer’s toys trading manager, Ian Chaplin, said: “Role-play inspired products with a technology twist are one of the hot trends for kids this year and ‘poopless pets’ have become increasingly popular.”
He added the company has 20 electronic pets in the toy range, which could prove popular with parents as much as children.
Argos Top 10 Toys for Christmas 2009
- Go Go Hamsters, from £9.99 (Age four years and over)
- Lulu My Cuddlin’ Kitten, £49.99 (Age four years and over)
- V Tech Kiddizoom Camera in pink/blue, £49.99 (Age three years and over)
- Transformers MV2 Bumblebee Movie Helmet, £39.99 (Age five years and over)
- Baby Annabell 2009, £39.99 (Age three years and over)
- Bounce ‘n Spin Zebra, £48.59 (Age one year and over)
- Lego Minotaurus, £16.99 (Age seven years and over)
- Bop It, £19.99 (Age eight years and over)
- Lego City Police Station, £59.99 (Age six years and over)
- Waybaloo Play n’ Wiggle Yo Jo Jo, £26.99 (Age 18 months and over)