Topshop has partnered with Google to live stream every aspect of its fashion show this weekend from the view of the model on the catwalk to the make-up artist backstage.
On Sunday from 3pm the online audience will be able to experience every angle of the London Fashion Week show, as though they were on the runway, in the audience, backstage, the designer or arriving with the celebrities.
The fashion retailer said the aim is to “re-imagine” the future of the fashion show using innovative technology to create a real-to-life experience for the viewer.
Topshop owner Sir Philip Green said: “We have always prided ourselves on being first to market with the latest trends and product innovation.
“It speaks huge volumes about the power of Topshop that we are partnering with the world’s largest digital company, Google, to bring the excitement and energy of our brand to customers all over the world.”
The digital tools for the show include:
- The first-ever real-time runway cameras on models using micro-HD cameras, which create ‘Hawkeye’ used at the world’s major sporting events.
- Using YouTube as the broadcast channel, live streaming the celebrities as they arrive at the show.
- Google+ will host a curation of content around the making of the show, airing digital diary films around models Cara Delevingne, Jourdan Dunn, Rosie Tapner and Ashleigh Good.
- Be the Buyer app, which Topshop has created with Google+ allowing fans to choose their favourite pieces on the runway. Tophop’s in-house team will also offer advice to young buyers.
- Viewers will be able to use Google’s multi-person video chat technology to log into cameras in Topshop’s headquarters.
- Topshop has also installed a Google+ photobooth at its Oxford Street flagship store, which fans will be able to go into to try on their favourite outfits and have their picture uploaded to an interactive digital window and live streamed at the show.
- Various competitions to win tickets through Twitter and Google.
Google+ global marketing director Marvin Chow said: “Topshop has done an amazing job of creating an unprecedented experience through a number of Google technologies to connect fans with the highly coveted models, designers and influencers behind popular culture and fashion.”