Next seals deal for Victoria’s Secret UK business


Next has reportedly sealed a deal to snap up a majority stake in Victoria’s Secret’s struggling UK business.

Next will acquire a 51% stake in the lingerie brand, with current owner L Brands retaining the remaining 49%.

Under the terms of the deal, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, Next will operate all of Victoria’s Secret’s stores in the UK and Ireland. 

Victoria’s Secret’s online business will be integrated into the joint venture early next year. 

Subscription content

Please sign in now if you have a subscription or are already registered with us.

Retail Week

Register for free to continue reading provides premium, in-depth intelligence that helps retailers judge risks, spot opportunities and identify what they need to do to win in the digital economy.

Register today for a taste of our high-quality intelligence and enjoy:

  • Two free article views per calendar month on
  • Detailed analysis of current trends and events 
  • Exclusive newsletters
  • In-depth reports, videos, interviews and much more

Discover Retail Week register now

Please note, if you have recently purchased a subscription, it may take a few minutes before your account is updated.