Lord Kirkham is founder of DFS and Iceland investor.
The tendency to over-complicate retailing is holding it back, says Lord Kirkham
When I heard the words ‘Tesco’ and ‘pornography’ mentioned at the start of an important House of Lords debate, you can imagine my ears did a bit of up-pricking.
Previously my political comment has been restricted to the odd jibe at “who ate all the pies” Prescott, Mr Nasty Piece-of-Work Gordon, my coalition colleagues Wishy-Washy and Flip-Floppy Nick.
- Comment: Retail can cash in on the feel-good factor with TV advertising
- Comment: The greatest enemy of prosperity is negativity
- Comment: Retailers must stay sharp and alert to succeed
- Comment: Retail today is web, web, web
- Comment: The UK still offers investment opportunities
- Diamond Jubilee: A PR campaign to remember
- Go beyond the spin to focus on products and service