Lord Kirkham is founder of DFS and Iceland investor.
If we are to punch at or above our weight in the world, grow our businesses and enhance our lifestyles, we need good salespeople.
The tendency to over-complicate retailing is holding it back, says Lord Kirkham
When I heard the words ‘Tesco’ and ‘pornography’ mentioned at the start of an important House of Lords debate, you can imagine my ears did a bit of up-pricking.
- Comment: Retailers shouldn't be shy about making money
- Comment: Retail can cash in on the feel-good factor with TV advertising
- Comment: The greatest enemy of prosperity is negativity
- Comment: Retailers must stay sharp and alert to succeed
- Comment: Retail today is web, web, web
- Comment: The UK still offers investment opportunities
- Diamond Jubilee: A PR campaign to remember