Lord Kirkham is founder of DFS and Iceland investor.
With the general election fast approaching, retailers must remember that it would be a disaster for the sector if Labour were victorious.
With the year-end approaching, there are plenty of lessons for retailers to learn from this year’s standout news headlines.
We retailers are in the happiness business. We want our customers to be happy so they will keep coming back, and need our staff to be happy because there is no bigger turn-off than a miserable face.
- Comment: Salespeople are key to successful business
- Comment: Lord Kirkham on the simple rules of retail success
- Comment: We need to act to protect young lives
- Comment: Retailers shouldn't be shy about making money
- Comment: Retail can cash in on the feel-good factor with TV advertising
- Comment: The greatest enemy of prosperity is negativity
- Comment: Retailers must stay sharp and alert to succeed