John Ryan is Stores Editor at Retail Week.
He has worked for the magazine for more than a decade and covers store design, visual merchandising and what makes things sell in-store - across every area of retail. In a previous life he spent 15 years as an international buyer for a major European retailer and was latterly based in Dusseldorf.As well as writing about stores he talks about them and in the last year has delivered presentations in locations as diverse as London, Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York and, erm, Basingstoke. And for those who are interested in such things, he is a twitter devotee - please follow!
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2997
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Big edge-of-town retailers’ have been under pressure for some time, but can they be attractive?
Online beauty company Birchbox has opened shop – Retail Week looks at how they have translated online personalisation to an in-store format.
Hamburg is home to Ikea’s first ‘Citystore’, a new format with a smaller store footprint designed to cater to urban shoppers.
- Comment: John Lewis’ Commonwealth support is smart marketing
- Store gallery: NikeLab 1948 takes sportswear off the beaten track
- Store gallery: Scotland’s retail offer under the spotlight
- Comment: La Senza’s Oxford Street flagship tells a story
- Store gallery: How does Sainsbury's ensure consistent appeal?
- Store gallery: The Netherlands’ DekaMarkt returns to its roots
- Comment: Stores with place names – who cares?