John Ryan is Stores Editor at Retail Week.
He has worked for the magazine for more than a decade and covers store design, visual merchandising and what makes things sell in-store - across every area of retail. In a previous life he spent 15 years as an international buyer for a major European retailer and was latterly based in Dusseldorf.As well as writing about stores he talks about them and in the last year has delivered presentations in locations as diverse as London, Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York and, erm, Basingstoke. And for those who are interested in such things, he is a twitter devotee - please follow!
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2997
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The idea of doing the right thing at the right time is still something that seems to elude the great bulk of retailers.
Conviviality, the group that owns Wine Rack and Bargain Booze is raising its in-store game. Retail Week talks to Conviviality boss Diana Hunter.
Mr Awkright’s Tool Emporium has opened in central Leeds and uses shoppers nostalgia to its advantage with its throwback store design.
- Comment: Kiddicare's edge-of-town stores should be substituted for a laptop
- Store gallery: Birchbox New York delivers with first store
- Story gallery: Ikea downsizes with experimental store format
- Comment: John Lewis’ Commonwealth support is smart marketing
- Store gallery: NikeLab 1948 takes sportswear off the beaten track
- Store gallery: Scotland’s retail offer under the spotlight
- Comment: La Senza’s Oxford Street flagship tells a story