John Ryan is Stores Editor at Retail Week.
He has worked for the magazine for more than a decade and covers store design, visual merchandising and what makes things sell in-store - across every area of retail. In a previous life he spent 15 years as an international buyer for a major European retailer and was latterly based in Dusseldorf.As well as writing about stores he talks about them and in the last year has delivered presentations in locations as diverse as London, Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York and, erm, Basingstoke. And for those who are interested in such things, he is a twitter devotee - please follow!
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2997
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The new J Crew store on London’s Sloane Square may have some work ahead of it
Dutch food retailer Albert Heijn XL’s new supermarket has used clever design to affordably create a unique in-store experience.
The White Company has debuted a striking new shop fit in Norwich, using a dramatic exterior to attract customers to its revitalised in-store offer.
- Comment: Has Selfridges hit the limit for department store retailing?
- Store gallery: JD Sports' Trafford Centre store races into the future
- Store gallery: Marks & Spencer’s 'back to school' store a textbook success
- Comment: Tesco should keep the faith with its store refresh programme
- Store gallery: Camper lights up its Oxford Street branch
- Store gallery: John Lewis’ shop windows frame their retail offer
- In pictures: Ted Baker reopens its Regent Street flagship