John Ryan is Stores Editor at Retail Week.
He has worked for the magazine for more than a decade and covers store design, visual merchandising and what makes things sell in-store - across every area of retail. In a previous life he spent 15 years as an international buyer for a major European retailer and was latterly based in Dusseldorf.As well as writing about stores he talks about them and in the last year has delivered presentations in locations as diverse as London, Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York and, erm, Basingstoke. And for those who are interested in such things, he is a twitter devotee - please follow!
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2997
- E-mail: email@example.com
Asics’ flagship New York store combines store design standards with an unexpected prop to associate the retailer with the Big Apple.
Change is at the heart of high streets that work and the carefully sculpted Marylebone High Street is among the best at embracing it.
Often dismissed as being ‘for tourists’, Covent Garden is home to some striking store design. We visit the London shopping destination.
- Store gallery: Fully Booked defies the norm with novel store design
- In pictures: Morrisons' new 'Format Flex' lab store in Weybridge
- Comment: Have we come to the end of the road for in-store technology?
- Analysis: Looking at store designers’ forecast for 2015
- Store of the week: Camper’s attention-grabbing New York store
- Comment: In the age of the retail sound-bite, certain words should be avoided
- Store gallery: Decathlon picks up the pace with Croydon store opening