John Ryan is Stores Editor at Retail Week.
He has worked for the magazine for more than a decade and covers store design, visual merchandising and what makes things sell in-store - across every area of retail. In a previous life he spent 15 years as an international buyer for a major European retailer and was latterly based in Dusseldorf.As well as writing about stores he talks about them and in the last year has delivered presentations in locations as diverse as London, Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York and, erm, Basingstoke. And for those who are interested in such things, he is a twitter devotee - please follow!
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2997
- E-mail: email@example.com
Urban Outfitters’ concept store Space Ninety 8 uses alternative store design to fit in with its faded industrial setting in Brooklyn.
White Stuff has opened a flagship store in Bluewater shopping mall with a retro interior that aims to create a domestic feel.
If we didn’t have the festive feeling and everything associated with it, Christmas wouldn’t happen. It was the shops wot done it.
- Store gallery: American Eagle Outfitters lands in the UK
- Store gallery: Spar Gourmet combines artisan store design with convenience
- Comment: Do retailers care about locations outside London?
- Store gallery: Boohoo.com’s New York pop-up shop raises brand awareness
- Store gallery: Card Market champions cheap and cheerful store design
- In pictures: American Eagle lands at Westfield London
- Comment: Netto’s double-act with Sainsbury's looks a canny move