John Ryan is Stores Editor at Retail Week.
He has worked for the magazine for more than a decade and covers store design, visual merchandising and what makes things sell in-store - across every area of retail. In a previous life he spent 15 years as an international buyer for a major European retailer and was latterly based in Dusseldorf.As well as writing about stores he talks about them and in the last year has delivered presentations in locations as diverse as London, Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York and, erm, Basingstoke. And for those who are interested in such things, he is a twitter devotee - please follow!
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3033 2997
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is more than changing consumer habits behind the decision by Homebase, the DIY retailer, to close a tranche of its stores.
Cookware retailer Steamer Trading Cookshop has opened its first mall store in Bluewater shopping centre. Retail Week pays a visit.
Aldi-owned US discount grocer Trader Joe’s seeks to inject humour into the business of food shopping with its Los Angeles’ branch.
- Obituary: Industry pays tribute to retail design legend Rodney Fitch
- Comment: UK retailers should board the Halloween bandwagon
- Store gallery: Are discounters gaining on supermarkets’ store design?
- Store gallery: Timberland’s Regent Street store shows retailer’s heritage
- Comment: American Eagle must do things differently in the UK
- In pictures: John Lewis opens first dedicated in-store opticians
- Store gallery: H&M, Selfridges and Birmingham’s other stand-out shops