The East of England Co-op won the Hermes Grand Prix Award last night at the Hermes Retail Week Supply Chain Awards.
The supply chain industry came together last night to applaud all those working tirelessly to reinvent every aspect of the modern supply chain, from logistics and last-mile delivery, to technology and talent development.
The calibre of entries in this year’s Hermes Retail Week Supply Chain Awards was higher than ever. The overall Hermes Grand Prix Award went to East of England Co-op for its responsible sourcing initiative. Judges praised the scale of the collaboration as well as its long-term and local, environmentally friendly approach.
The winner in the hotly contested DP World Disruptor of the Year awards – a new category for this year – was Hubbub.co.uk and the second new award for 2016, The Savills Property of the Year, went to Missguided with XPO Logistics for its Efulfilment Transformation Programme.
Other winners on the night included Chain Reaction Cycles for its customer delivery transformation programme and Signet Jewellers for its ambitious responsible diamond sourcing programme. Hobbycraft won the Clipper Team of the Year. The glamorous awards ceremony at the Hilton Park Lane in London was presented by Rugby World Cup winner and Question of Sport team captain, Matt Dawson.
For the first time the award for the Third Party Logistics Provider of the Year, sponsored by BiS Henderson, was awarded jointly to 3PLs – Wincanton and XPO Logistics. The judges decided to award this to a duo of providers, saying the collaborative and pioneering way they have worked together as ‘the B&Q logistics team’ is highly impressive. By having two winners for the first time, the judges hope it will encourage the supply chain sector to think about 3PLs and retailer partnerships in an entirely new way.
The Arrow XL Collaboration of the Year – Mark of Excellence
- O2 with Tools Group - O2 Demand & Supply: A Unique Collaborative Approach
The Arrow XL Collaboration of the Year
- East of England Co-op
The Savills Property of the Year
- Missguided with XPO Logistics - Efulfilment Transformation Programme
The Wincanton Delivery Initiative of the Year
- The John Lewis Partnership with Clipper Logistics – Delivery Excellence with Click and Collect
The DAMCO Technology Initiative of the Year
- Shop Direct with Arrow XL – AskXL
The Hermes Transformation Award
- Chain Reaction Cycles - Improving the Customer Delivery Experience
The DP World Disruptor of the Year – Mark of Excellence
- ZigZag Global - Global Returns Portal
The DP World Disruptor of the Year
The Returns Initiative of the Year
- Boohoo with MetaPack – Returns Portal
The Cognito IQ Innovation Project of the Year
- ASOS.com with Smiths News and Pass My Parcel - Simple and Unique Mobile Enabled Label-Less Returns Solution
The Uniserve International Supply Chain Project of the Year – Mark of Excellence
- Farfetch - Global Luxury Marketplace
The Uniserve International Supply Chain Project of the Year
- Signet Jewellers – Responsible Sourcing Protocol for Diamonds
The MIQ Logistics Award for Supply Chain Excellence (SMEs under £150m turnover)
- The Snugg.com
The BiS Henderson Third Party Logistics Provider of the Year
- Wincanton and XPO Logistics
The Clipper Team of the Year – Mark of Excellence
- Dixons Carphone - Home Services and Logistics
The Clipper Team of the Year
- Hobbycraft – Reduce Stockholding Whilst Improving Availability
The Rising Star of the Year
- Thomas Barradell, Marks & Spencer with XPO Logistics
The Hermes Grand Prix Award
- East of England Co-op