US-based QVC plans to enter the Chinese market by acquiring a 49% stake in a joint venture with China National Radio’s home shopping TV channel, CNR Mall TV. The Chinese station reaches about 35 million households in the country and will hold the remaining 51% in the joint venture, which will be based in Beijing and led by executives from both companies. QVC chief executive Mike George said he thought China would potentially be a very strong market for ecommerce as well as television shopping.