As Victoria Plumb secures investment from private equity firm TPG Capital, Retail Week takes a look at how the online bathroom retailer has become a significant player in the home sector.
- Victoria Plumb is an online retailer selling bathroom products including baths, showers, basins, toilets, taps and accessories.
- The etailer was founded in 2001 by brothers Sean and Jason Walker. The company is owned by The Walker Group, which bought the rights to the MFI brand for £250,000 in 2010 after the retailer collapsed into administration. The group also owns the rights to the Land of Leather and Focus DIY brands.
- Victoria Plumb reported sales of £26.2m in the year to the end of February 2013.
- The online bathroom retailer launched its first TV advertising campaign in 2012 as part of a two-year strategy to drive awareness of the brand.
- Victoria Plumb was shortlisted for the Pure Play Etailer of the Year Award in this year’s Oracle Retail Week Awards.
- The company is headquartered in Hull and employs about 70 staff.
- Today it was revealed that TGP had invested a “significant” amount in the company. The private equity firm said the investment will be used to accelerate growth.