Davies has already been awarded an honorary degree by Heriot-Watt and also holds a Doctorate of Letters from the university, in recognition to his outstanding achievements in the fields of textiles and fashion design management.
Here are five other little known facts about George Davies:
- One of his early retail roles was stock controller at a branch of Littlewoods
- His father managed a pie factory in Liverpool
- He is married with seven children
- He was educated at Bootle Grammar School
- His interests include golf, tennis and cycling
For a detailed profile on George Davies, click here