This is a recording of the session that took place at 15.05 on Tuesday 8 June during the Be Inspired Virtual Conference 2021.
Rita Clifton CBE is a writer, leader and media commentator, also known as the ‘brand guru’. She’s sat on the boards of huge organisations such as Asos, John Lewis Partnership, Bupa, WWF and Nationwide Building Society. Despite this, she openly admits she’s struggled with imposter syndrome.
Around 70% of people say they’ve experienced feelings of not being good enough and this is thwarting diversity at leadership level. In this candid fireside chat, Rita shares her experience of learning to embrace her imposter syndrome – and why we must all do the same to be more empathetic and so more human, in the workplace.
We will cover:
- Why empathy is so important
- Why feeling imposter syndrome is not always a bad thing
- How to tackle feelings of inadequacy
- How to discover your strengths
- How to build a distinctive, authentic leadership style
Speaker: Rita Clifton, portfolio chair, non-executive director and author