Robert Clark is senior partner of Retail Week Knowledge Bank.
Home Retail Group is far from the only high-profile retailer facing declining fortunes and Retail Week Knowledge Bank’s profile tracks the detail and analyses the numbers behind the headlines for both Argos and Homebase.
The Co-operative Group greatly increased its food retailing scale by acquiring Somerfield, hot on the heels of merging with the United Co-op.
Sainsbury’s recovery has been an extended affair but is yet to be completed as Retail Week Knowledge Bank’s updated profile demonstrates.
- Hard times for Frozen Value
- Jack Wills - Britain’s answer to Abercrombie & Fitch?
- David Wild leads Halfords to success
- Substantial challenge ahead for Waterstone's
- Laura Ashley’s impressive revival
- Fat Face thrives under new management
- French Connection is an enigma of UK fashion retailing