- How do I access all areas of the website?
- Why do I have to register on the website if I am a paid subscriber?
- What is the difference between a registered user and a subscriber?
- When do I need to log in?
- I am being asked for my Subscriber Number. How do I find it?
- I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
- I have a paid subscription and have registered with the website, but am unable to access the subscriber-only content. Why?
- Can I change my email address and the password I use to access the website?
- How can I check the details of my subscription – or renew my subscription?
- My company has multiple subscriptions, but only one person can log in to the website. How can I set up access for all individual subscribers?
- When I go back to use the website again, I have been logged out. Why?
- Why do I need cookies enabled?
- I signed up to receive your free e-newsletters, but I am not receiving them. Why?
- How do I ‘unsubscribe’ from your e-newsletters?
- How do I contact online customer services?
- How do I contact print customer services?
- How do I add you to my safe senders list?
- How do I access content online?
How do I access all areas of the website?
You need to be a paid subscriber to access all areas of the website as Retail Week has recently changed to a subscription barrier model – this limits full access only to customers who have a paid-for subscription.
If you do not have a subscription, you can access all articles within a few minutes by ordering a subscription online.
Why do I have to register on the website if I am a paid subscriber?
Even if you are a paid subscriber, you need to be registered on our website to access all the online content that is available.
To register, first enter your Subscriber Number and your surname (exactly as it appears on the wrapper/label on your magazine subscription copy) and then complete the registration form.
What is the difference between a registered user and a subscriber?
A subscriber pays an annual subscription which provides access to the full website - plus delivery of a printed magazine.
A registered user can sign up for free e-newsletters and access only limited areas and content on the website.
When do I need to log in?
We suggest each time you use the website, you log in immediately on the home page – using the link at the top right, under the navigation bar. This will then make it easier for you to access all articles quickly and easily as you navigate through the site.
Alternatively, when you click on a subscriber-only link, you will be asked to log in.
I am being asked for my Subscriber Number. How do I find it?
Your subscriber number is a 10-digit number which is used to identify both you and your subscription. It can be found on any email or written correspondence we have sent you – or on the wrapper/label on your subscription copy.You can also use our online facility to find your Subscription Number.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
When signing in, you will find a ‘forgotten password’ link under the password box. Click on this and then fill in the email address you used when registering on the site. We will then email your password to you within a few minutes.
I have a paid subscription and have registered with the website, but am unable to access the subscriber-only content. Why?
In order to access subscriber content on Retail-week.com you must first have activated the online portion of your subscription. Click here for more details.
If you are still unable to access subscriber-only content, we suggest you:
- Refresh your account by logging in and out again. This should ensure that your subscription details are up to date
- Check if your subscription has lapsed. In order to check your status, please log out and log back in again, and go to your My Account page, which will show you your subscription status.
- Check that the email address you registered on the website the same as the one you used for your paid-for subscription?
- Check that your surname entered exactly as it appears on the wrapper/label on your magazine subscription copy?
- Did you recently send in payment for a new subscription order/renewal? It may be that there has been a delay in receiving or processing your payment and subscription.
If you are still having problems, please contact Customer Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 033 2626 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
Can I change my email address and the password I use to access the website?
Yes. To change your email address and password, please first sign in to your account and go to the Account Settings page. Once you have done this, please also email our print subscriptions department at Help@subscribe.retail-week.com to advise them of your change of email address.
How can I check the details of my subscription – or renew my subscription?
You can check your subscription details online http://www.subscription.co.uk/retailweek/sn You will need your 10 digit Subscriber Number to access your account as this is used to identify both you and your subscription.
Alternatively please contact Help@subscribe.retail-week.com
My company has multiple subscriptions, but only one person can log in to the website. How can I set up access for all individual subscribers?
If you have a multiple copy subscription, you will be entitled to have the same number of website users as you have magazine subscriptions. However we may need to manually set up access for all users for you – please contact email@example.com or 0203 033 2626 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
When I go back to use the website again, I have been logged out. Why?
Something is probably blocking your cookies. Please check your browser settings, and any firewall or spyware software you may have installed.
Please also remember to click ‘Remember Me’ as this should help avoid this problem in future.
Why do I need cookies enabled?
I signed up to receive your free newsletters, but I am not receiving them. Why?
Please check you have provided us with your correct email address. To check which e-mail address you are registered with, sign in to your account and go to the Account Settings page. If your details here are correct, we suggest you check your mailbox settings to see if the newsletters are being pushed into ‘junk’ mail or if your mailbox is full. To avoid the newsletters being treated as spam, it may help to add the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
If you are still experiencing problems, we suggest you then contact your own email service provider.
How do I ‘unsubscribe’ from your newsletters?
Please first sign in to the website, click on ‘My Account’ and then go to ‘Account Settings’.
If this does not enable to you to ‘unsubscribe’, please contact Customer Services via email@example.com or 0203 033 2626 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
How do I contact online customer services?
If the frequently asked questions listed above do not help solve your problem, please contact Customer Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 033 2626 (Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm GMT).
How do I contact print customer services?
Phone: call the subscription hotline on 0844 848 8858 or +44 (0)1604 828705 if calling from outside the UK. Lines are open Monday to Friday (8.00am – 9.30pm) and Saturday (8.00am to 4pm) GMT.
How do I add you to my safe senders list?
If you need help adding us to your safe senders list, ensuring our emails are delivered to you inbox everytime, just select your email client from the list of popular clients below and follow the instructions.
How do I access content online?
In order to access all the subscriber-only content online, simply log in with your existing username and password. If you don’t yet have an account, create one at www.retail-week.com/createaccount. You will then have full access to the website and mobile site, as well as the tablet app if it is included in your package. If you encounter any problems, please contact customer services on 020 3033 2626.Outlook 2003/2007
- In the Tools menu, click 'Options'.
- On the Preferences tab, click 'Junk E-mail'.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click 'Add'.
- In the 'Add address', put in our email address.
- Click 'OK'.
- In the top-right hand corner, click 'Options', then 'More Options...'
- Under 'Preventing Junk Mail', click 'Safe and 'Blocked Senders'
- Click 'Safe Senders'
- Insert our From address and click 'Add to list'
- In the top-right hand corner, click 'Options', then 'More Options...'
- In tht left-hand menu, select 'Filters'
- Click 'Add Filter'
- Give the filter a name, then in the 'Sender' box, insert our From address
- From the 'Move to folder' dropdown menu, select 'Inbox'
- Click 'Save changes'
- Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click 'Add to 'My Contacts''.
- Copy and paste our from address into the primary email address dialog box.
- Hit 'Enter'.
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the 'Address Book' window to pop up, then click the 'Add' button.
- Wait for the 'Address Card for New Contact' window to load.
- Paste our From address into the "Other E-Mail" field.
- Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
- Click the Save button.